Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

CAPTCHA
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Post your general questions about OCR here.
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: CAPTCHA
Re:CAPTCHA 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I personally have noticed a significant decline in automated spam on my websites but have noticed an increase in manual spam and unfortunately it seems that there aren't many reliable solutions to thwart that kind of spam yet. I have been able to keep it under control by imposing certain restrictions on new accounts though and hope that eventually there will be a more refined captcha-like system that will be able to handle both automated/manual spam.
Roy304
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CAPTCHA 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: -1
I've noticed that a lot on a lot of the forums I frequent. One has gone to a simple math problem you have to solve in order to enter a post.
Curious
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Is it then possible that someone who is creative could program a bot to read all that is needed in order to continue the spam process? I hate the idea of bots learning from OCR, but it does make me wonder a little.
sati
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:CAPTCHA 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: -10
If the programmer can incorporate reading print-screen images into an OCR then I think there is a possibility that a bot can decipher a CAPTCHA.

What I notice now is that spammers are not bots anymore but real humans. We can only delete their messages or ban them from commenting on our websites.
Billy
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

I know there are some human spammers but are there really that many? What would a job like that cost? It just seems a little to weird for me, when I see the word bot I think a program not a person, maybe thats where it all starts from.

I hate the idea that for people like me with bad eyesight, captcha's are getting harder and harder each day for the spam that comes along with it. I might end up needing an OCR just to read the normal things that my peepers can not anymore.
sati
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:CAPTCHA 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: -1
I don't think there will ever be anyway to keep human spammers from posting on a forum. But it would be a wild job for someone to try to spam a forum when you would have to solve math problems for every post.
Curious
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop