Written by Jenny Curtis
Wednesday, 17 November 2010
LEAD Technologies, Inc has released enhancements to LEADTOOLS Multimedia Version 17. The solution TOOLS is suitable for software developers who need advanced multimedia features for rapid development.
- LEADTOOLS VP8 encoder and decoder. VP8 is an open video compression algorithm which is comparable to H.264. This codec is suitable for all kinds of applications with various ranges of bit rates.
- MKV (Matroska Multimedia Container) - an open format which holds an unlimited number of audio, video, picture or subtitle tracks inside one file. It serves as a universal format for storing multimedia content.
- LEADTOOLS Video Stabilizer Filter - used to reduce the blurring which is associated with the motion of video from mobile or a hand-held cameras.
- Ability to select preferred decoders and demultiplexers.
- RTSP filter supports MPEG4 video, AMR and G.711.
- MPEG2 Multiplexer and Demultiplexer support STANDARD 0601.4 local datasets.
- Abbility to convert MP4 files to MPEG2 without recompression.
- Improved performance of MPEG4 codec in streaming and DVR applications.
- Improved performance of DVR module in live capture situations.
- Improved performance of the Video Streaming Module for slower connections.
“We are pleased to offer this interim release of our Multimedia tools free of charge to Version 17 Multimedia customers” says Otis Goodwin, Manager of Developer Support. “Releasing this as an interim update to our currently shipping V17 product allows our customers to have immediate access to our latest advancements in this technology.”
More information can be found at http://www.leadtools.com.